in Sauerland and Siegen-Wittgenstein
We are pleased that you have decided to visit one of the largest contiguous forest areas in our country. We, the partners Sauerländischer Gebirgsverein e.V., Landesbetrieb Wald und Holz NRW, Sauerland-Radwelt e.V., Wisent-Welt-Wittgenstein e.V., Sauerland-Tourismus e.V., Touristikverband Siegerland-Wittgenstein e.V., Waldbauernverband NRW e. V., as well as the nature parks Sauerland-Rothaargebirge, Arnsberger Wald and Diemelsee stand for a considerate coexistence of all nature users. We pursue the common goal of ensuring that the experience of nature in the Sauerland and in Siegerland-Wittgenstein is free of conflict and without compromising quality. We are also committed to sensitising people in nature to the property rights in the forest and to nature conservation.
- Stay on the paths designated for you
- Behave with foresight and appropriate to the route and the circumstances.
- Adjust your speed so that you can react at any time.
- Make yourself known in a friendly and timely manner.
- Let other nature users pass without danger.
- Even the forest belongs to someone! Observe barriers and follow instructions.
- Use the paths responsibly.
- Avoid the forest at dusk.
- Protect animals and plants and behave appropriately.
- Take your trash back.
- Only lead dogs on the trails or on a leash (except in dangerous situations)