The Schmallenberg Sauerland
This is how you find us...
Many ways lead to our beautiful holiday region. Less than a two-hour drive from the large conurbations on the Rhine and Ruhr, we are an ideal local recreation destination.
Even if you are coming from other parts of Germany or neighbouring countries, we have put together some travel options for a relaxed journey
We are happy to answer any questions you may have and wish you a pleasant journey!
Arrival by car
Over the mountains to the land of a thousand mountains...
By car you can reach us optimally via the:
- BAB 45 "Sauerlandlinie" from direction Dortmund, motorway exit Olpe
- BAB 45 from Frankfurt/Stuttgart, motorway exit Olpe
- BAB 4 Köln/Olpe, to motorway junction Wenden, continue on BAB 45 in the direction of Dortmund to motorway exit Olpe (approx. 5 km)
- BAB 44 coming from Dortmund until motorway junction Werl, continue BAB 445 towards Arnsberg until motorway exit Meschede/Enste (B55) or Wennemen
- BAB 44 from direction Kassel until motorway exit Erwitte/Anröchte
- BAB 2 Hannover-Dortmund to the Paderborn exit, continue on BAB 33
Arrival by long-distance bus
An inexpensive and comfortable alternative is to travel by long-distance bus. The green metropolitan taxis run regularly between cities in the Ruhr area, the Netherlands, Lower Saxony, Hesse or Berlin - more than 20 cities are suitable as starting points for your holiday in the Schmallenberger Sauerland and the Eslohe holiday region.